PDA

View Full Version : Item build hero help - Swiftblade

Auth
11th August 2009, 09:23 AM
:D

Ok so seasoned Dota pros what would you suggest would be a good item build for this chap?

Currently I've been getting;

Whispering Helm(for the lifesteal)
Enhanced Marchers(Phased ability thing)
Flayer(Riftshards/Slayer)
Hack n Slash

Then I got to a point where I had too much gold and not sure what to buy so:

starting building Savage Mace

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/snagg3r/HoNIcons/HeroIcons/swiftblade.jpg Swiftblade - Juggernaut (Yurnero)

slaught
11th August 2009, 09:28 AM
With jugg you want to be staying in your lane for as long as possible, depending on who you are partnered with at the start, I would start with 1x boots + 1x tangoes to get the early first blood with whirlwind (works every time, even better if you are with electrician, that combo is op at the start). From there you buy the life tube from the outpost which enables you to stay in your lane for as long as possible. Mana tube is next and then runed axe.

After that I build him depending on what kind of role I am going to be. Sometimes I like to go satanic (symbol of rage) in order to have the extra hp along with lifeleech. Hack and slash works well along with wingbow.

dzn
11th August 2009, 09:40 AM
i actually go for boots plus tree to eat, stay in lane long enuf to get ring of health (+5 health regen) stay longer to get void stone (+5 mana regen) then get enchanced boots but if you save enuf i get ultimate orb (+10 all stats) and then get likens (+15 stats +6 mana/heath regen) i just find that with likens im pretty happy never having to go back to base ever and farming pure gold
otherwise go straight for slash and then maybe vlads (the aura lifesteal/mana regen thing)

i cant even say the proper names for this stuff ;(

thats just me though.
I had fuking dota/hon dreams last night and i wasnt even playing yesterday

Auth
11th August 2009, 09:43 AM
rofl Dan

Cheers guys

Swiftblade is becoming quite fun, especially when you wander across damage rune and bottle that sucker up and creep up behind people and drop a boosted ultimate on them, so own :D

dzn
11th August 2009, 09:44 AM
yeah he is fun, hes is amazingly dominant, if you get a stun hero in your lane you can get a kill so easy with the spinning blades (ive been told to pretty much skip counterattack cause its bugged? someone confirm?) also when you ulti someone make sure they are alone not near neutrals or other heroes unless its level 3 but even then not by neutrals or creeps

Auth
11th August 2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah damn creeps interfering with my ulti I hates them

Not sure about counterattack but yeah melee v melee I kinda gotta run because he's a bit squishy

insolvent
11th August 2009, 10:55 AM
Steamboots
Runed axe
Hacknslash or wingbow

then you own

zeets
11th August 2009, 12:19 PM
swiftblade has been my main choice and I love playing with him eh.

I have a question though, how do you counter invis heroes like the scout or night hound? I was laning with someone yesterday and we got dominated because they just kept popping out and killing us, I was swiftblade they were legionaire or something

Auth
11th August 2009, 12:38 PM
You can get some item thing that shows stealthed units cant remember name

Gmaster
11th August 2009, 12:54 PM
how do you counter invis heroes like the scout or night hound?
You can plant an invis detecting ward, or carry around an orb, but if u die it drops

Dunno what the names are in HoN, but in DoTA its Gem of True Sight and sentry ward.
Watch out for faggots like this http://web.dota-allstars.com/index.php/heroes/2889

edit: http://heroes-newerth.com/heroes/night-hound This guy

bill
11th August 2009, 01:15 PM
id blatantly get half hp run into forest so u know hes chasing u pop a dust of revealing or whatever it is (180 gold) then just ult the cunt

dzn
11th August 2009, 07:04 PM
bill howd you get your stats thing in your sig plz?

Alacrity
11th August 2009, 07:06 PM
right click > properties > http://hon.slawed.net

it's not hard :/

dzn
11th August 2009, 07:28 PM
test

Turtleman
11th August 2009, 08:14 PM
I worked for ages to get my rank set to 1337 which I did, then the fucking screen shot did'nt save. I am so fucking gutted. I will never use one of thoss things!

Idgstyle
17th August 2009, 07:38 PM
:D

Ok so seasoned Dota pros what would you suggest would be a good item build for this chap?

Currently I've been getting;

Whispering Helm(for the lifesteal)
Enhanced Marchers(Phased ability thing)
Flayer(Riftshards/Slayer)
Hack n Slash

Then I got to a point where I had too much gold and not sure what to buy so:

starting building Savage Mace

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/snagg3r/HoNIcons/HeroIcons/swiftblade.jpg Swiftblade - Juggernaut (Yurnero)

dont get flayer on jugg. he already has crit. Generally, get a couple of soulscream rings, steam boots or enhanced marchers (i pref steam but some ppl like to spin with enhanced marchers on to annoy the fuck out of people), abyssal skull (i prefer this over whispering helm for several reasons. the only reason to build whispering helm over this is if u plan on getting symbol of rage or to dominate neuts with. the 15% lifesteal on this actually works out to be a lot more than what whispering helm offers you, when combined with the 10% damage aura- particularly towards end game. more damage = more life stolen) then a rune axe and then a shrunken head and then replace a soulscream ring with wingbow. by now u are a 1 man demolition team.

insolvent
17th August 2009, 08:12 PM
My build before that got me godlike (champion of newerth)

Marchers
Hack and Slash
Runed axe
Daemonic breastplate

centaur
17th August 2009, 10:19 PM
I had my first game as Swiftblade earlier and was died a few times early on cos I didn't have the life to survive shit. So next time I'm gonna start with 1 or 2 crowns. Then get sustainer, something with life steal (abyssal skull looks a bit better than whispering helm tbh) then axe. I started doing ok once I had those but the game ended shortly after

Kelevra
13th October 2009, 10:29 PM
I just played a round as swift. Got 15-3 with shit tonnes of assists before I scared the other team into forfeiting.

Gear was;
Marchers
Hack n Slash
Runed Axe
Abyssal Rune
Wing Blade
Soulscream Ring.

Was some funny parts in the match. Was being chased away from their base by 3 dudes, then I randomly turned and dropped ulti and then whirlwindthing, they all assumed I had teammates just about to come in hence my turning around. All scattered on low health and I chased them DOOOOOWWWWWN. Was helped by pebbles at the start who would drop stuns while I whirled next to them.
Some good advice for gearing, also works quite well for Madman.

Gmaster
13th October 2009, 10:39 PM
must of being playing some EM there with items like that :P

bill
14th October 2009, 04:58 PM
3 runed axes = 1 ulti team down

Alacrity
14th October 2009, 05:53 PM
hack n slash is generally a shit item to go for the money it costs imo

Rekuja
14th October 2009, 06:11 PM
when u get most of your items and u can tell the games gonna go longer, i recommend Shroud... he only has 2 abilities and when both are on cooldown you'll most likely get fucked.

Shroud is great for escaping and/or ambushing when you feel like it.

i dunno, i think it's a great item for him.

Valharu
14th October 2009, 06:35 PM
Never be afraid to get Nullfire blade, shut that Jerafaggot DOWN

insolvent
18th October 2009, 11:19 AM
hack n slash is generally a shit item to go for the money it costs imo

not at all. speed + slow/Hp + Dmg + attack speed. it's one of my favorite items

Alacrity
18th October 2009, 11:32 AM
minor damage and speed boost for a huge amount of money. might as well just get hack if you want the cripple

dzn
18th October 2009, 11:39 AM
wow, you two need a ruler?

Gmaster
18th October 2009, 01:19 PM
what are you on about Alacrity
+16 Agility
+16 Strength
+12 Damage
+15 Attack Speed
+12% movement speed
+15% chance to Slow target, reducing movement speed by 30% and attack speed by 15% for 4 seconds.
Its an awesome item

Alacrity
18th October 2009, 02:13 PM
it's nice but there are better things to get, Nullfire gives more damage to agility heroes, a little less IAS, an on demand slow and purge(kills summon) and manaburn, for 1k less

Jedateach
18th October 2009, 08:35 PM
I actually agree with Alacrity, there's far better items if you were buying it for the damage, if you're buying it for the snare there's also better items.

With Carryblade I usually go for Abyssl over Whispering helm, just because a %dmg increase is nicer than a bit more life leech and static damage.
Runed Axe because Runed Axe + his Ulti is lolfactor.
Enh Marcher for the phase.

If you've got money to burn (eg EM) Shroud and other luxary items are fun

Nabled
19th October 2009, 02:45 PM
generaly i get slash near the begining for that little bit of extra run speed to spin people down easier, and helps with a tactical retreat, then work on other important items, if i run out of slots i drop slash for others.

btw jeda, whispering helm and abyss skull's life steal %% stack, because one is an aura effect and the other is an item effect...least i think it does, cant remember been a while since i stacked both (with pred, was lol)

Alacrity
19th October 2009, 03:39 PM
yep, abyssal skull is an aura, not an exclusive modifier, so they stack

ANt
19th October 2009, 04:48 PM
runed axe
shield breaker
wingbow

Jedateach
20th October 2009, 06:41 PM
btw jeda, whispering helm and abyss skull's life steal %% stack, because one is an aura effect and the other is an item effect...least i think it does, cant remember been a while since i stacked both (with pred, was lol)

Yeah, but really, why would you waste 2 item slots on that, not to mention a huge waste of gold, imo.

Spidey
22nd October 2009, 06:36 PM
Only one person has said something decent so far, and thats bill.
That, staff, marchers and heart or that helm with 25 strength with life steal.
screw all the other items.