PDA

View Full Version : Big Day out 2011 - Tool, Deftones and more!

Rogue Eagle
28th September 2010, 07:44 AM
Summed up in title.

I'd go just to see tool again, deftones is icing on the cake :D

I wonder if we'll get deftones - passenger with maynard singing like on the album :p

http://www.bigdayout.com/lineup/artists.php

dzn
28th September 2010, 07:52 AM
the full lineup (in case anyone else was expecting it in this thread)

* Tool
* Rammstein
* M.I.A
* John Butler Trio
* Grinderman
* Bloody Beetroots Death Crew77
* Wolfmother
* Lupe Fiasco
* Deftones
* The Black Keys
* Birds Of Tokyo
* Primal Scream - Screamedelica Live
* LCD Soundsystem
* Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
* Die Antwoord
* Angus & Julia Stone
* Plan B
* Booka Shade DJs
* Bliss N Eso
* The Naked & Famous
* The Jim Jones Review
* Airbourne
* Andrew W.K
* Little Red
* Crystal Castles
* Pnau
* Gyroscope
* CSS
* Dead Letter Circus
* Kid Kenobi & MC Shureshock
* Vitalic
* Ratatat
* Blue King Brown
* Kids Of 88
* Operator Please
* Children Collide
* Will Styles
* Gypsy & The Cat
* Lowrider
* Sampology

Fx.
28th September 2010, 08:02 AM
do want.

Rogue Eagle
28th September 2010, 08:06 AM

yeah that, sorry I was a bit excited and not thinking.

clip
28th September 2010, 08:10 AM
looks alright, not a huge fan of tool/rammstein, would be cool to see though i guess
Die Antwoord will be mean

centaur
28th September 2010, 08:19 AM
Do not want.

clip
28th September 2010, 08:26 AM
no blink182 :(

Synthacon9
28th September 2010, 08:30 AM
Do want so much. Rammstein = band i've wanted to see for 10+ years as I missed them at last bdo.

And deftones, yes. So keen.

nightshiver
28th September 2010, 08:55 AM
Fuck yea, tool are the most amazing band live. When do tickets go on sale?

juke
28th September 2010, 09:39 AM
I'm going to have to see Tool this time round or probably never see them again :(

Die Antwoord will be meanIsn't this the guy who does the butterfly song.

Also Tool + Deftones at same gig = passenger?

Hans Olo
28th September 2010, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-75vEQqnqI&feature=player_embedded

Its gonna be party time!

But really, Tool + Wolfmother + Deftones = 3 bands I'd definitely pay to see, so I'm gonna have to get myself there somehow.

dzn
28th September 2010, 10:41 AM
yeah that, sorry I was a bit excited and not thinking.

;)

pretty different lineup, wonder if ill go, i usually decide last minute

Azmodan
28th September 2010, 11:18 AM
Will be sweet... if you get there 10 hours early to make sure you're in the D

bok
28th September 2010, 11:30 AM
Will be sweet... if you get there 10 hours early to make sure you're in the D

i'm packing my car to go to mt smart in 10 mins

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

RogueNZ
28th September 2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah thats pretty epic line-up, not an act that I wouldn't want to see. I think tickets will be a mission to get :D

juke
28th September 2010, 11:38 AM
Haven't been to BDO since the 90s... what's it like these days?

Lucazader
28th September 2010, 11:41 AM
well i did not experience the ones from the 90's but the last two that i went to were awesome.

Alacrity
28th September 2010, 11:57 AM
Andrew W.K AWESOME. Tool wolfmother deftones. So keen

Sarge
28th September 2010, 12:15 PM
This or Gorillaz?

clip
28th September 2010, 12:41 PM
heard on george i am giant are playing, can anyone confirm?

mackz
28th September 2010, 12:45 PM
*looks in pants*

confirming I am giant

clip
28th September 2010, 12:52 PM
stop playing with it

G-nome
28th September 2010, 12:56 PM
john butler trio
the black keys

sickkkk

Luse
28th September 2010, 12:59 PM
Oh what a shame, no Blink 182

ppn
28th September 2010, 01:54 PM
Black Keys, Deftones & LCD Soundsystem.

I'm there.

centaur
28th September 2010, 02:35 PM
Haven't been to BDO since the 90s... what's it like these days?

Gets worse every year *points at lineup* ;)

shooting
28th September 2010, 02:39 PM

* CSS

FUCK YEA
COUNTER STRIKE: SOURCE!!!!

shooting
28th September 2010, 02:42 PM
* Ratatat

is pretty chillax too

Greaver
28th September 2010, 02:45 PM
I seriously only recognise 10 of the above bands

ppn
28th September 2010, 03:20 PM
Fuck how did I not see Grinderman in that line up when I looked this morning. Nick Cave is the fucking man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKznZUtKntg

Best video.

spandexmonkey
28th September 2010, 03:23 PM
Each time i look at the lineup, it gets better n better

random hero
28th September 2010, 03:29 PM
fuck yeah
i'd pay up to $300 just to see andrew w.k

fobski please
28th September 2010, 04:14 PM
yyeeessssssss

there best not be no clash between Deftones Tool Rammstein and MIA

FFUUUUUUUU

Also - Die Antwoord = greatest BDO troll of all time

Loco
28th September 2010, 04:19 PM
i am giant are playing bro, fucking keen for this.

Fort
will be there

Loco
day after my 18th birthday as well. fuck yes.

evilbob
28th September 2010, 04:32 PM
they have to do passenger! fuuuck that will be awesome. so going

shooting
28th September 2010, 04:34 PM
im yourrrrr passsengeerrrrr

juke
28th September 2010, 04:38 PM
Shame RATM aren't there for Know Your Enemy too. Fuck that lineup takes me back so bad....

RogueNZ
28th September 2010, 04:55 PM
Each time i look at the lineup, it gets better n better

So true :D

My checklist atm: Tool, Deftones, Bloody Beetroots, Shihad, Six60, John Buttler Trio, Jim Jones Revue, Ratatat (Finaly), Crystal Castles, Bulletproof, Birds of Tokyo. A few of the less kown acts like PNAU and Vitalic sound pretty sweet too

Theres still another annoncement to come right? Needs more drum and bass haha...

Azmodan
28th September 2010, 07:41 PM
I met I am giant at a party a few weeks back, super mellow bunch. John Butler Trio is really underrated and excellent live if you can get over the fact he uses his overgrown hippynails instead of a pick. Saw Placebo last night, men'al for sure but it's no Maynard/Chino singing passenger...

zeets
28th September 2010, 08:44 PM
Will definitely be going, keen to meet up with people and go big

bonez
28th September 2010, 09:02 PM
still got ur number zeets ^_^

clip
28th September 2010, 11:04 PM
keen to meet up for bitches in white tops getting sprayed by a hose right in front of us again at drinking station zeets :D

corpsey
29th September 2010, 01:25 AM
no miley cyrus? :(

zeets
29th September 2010, 08:07 PM
hahaha yeah bro sounds like a plan! If only bonez had got in touch aye...

Stretch
29th September 2010, 08:26 PM
john butler trio - ocean <-------------- keenest song of bdo for me tbh, agree with azmodan that they're underrated.

dzn
29th September 2010, 08:34 PM
john butler trio - bound to ramble <---------- my fav of his songs

incognito
29th September 2010, 10:42 PM
my friend is obsessed with ocean and always used to play it everytime we worked together

pretty cool song yeah

not enough bands i really want to see to warrant me going, the national are doing their own tour around that time but both shows sold out in seconds haha :<

still, i'm sure anyone who goes will love it, i hear iggy pop's going and he's always a sight to see!

bok
30th September 2010, 08:37 AM
who the fuck is andrew w.k he like just appeared and now i see his name everywhere

spandexmonkey
30th September 2010, 08:44 AM
i thought he was a one hit wonder with bashing himself with bricks and his song 'party hard' back in the early 2000s, but I guess he's still going strong? weird

http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/andrew_wk.gif

juke
30th September 2010, 09:05 AM
who the fuck is andrew w.k he like just appeared and now i see his name everywhere

I remember seeing him on Space TV fucking years ago. Jacqui Brown was interviewing him. He likes to act it up, went and hid under the Baby grand set up for him to play... Whole interview happened under the piano. Swear the guy was either a great actor or tripping balls.

I forget what year this was but it's going back a wee way now, Spandex is right he's all standard rock and propaganda. Like Bill and Ted meets Meatloaf....

EDIT: All I could find was this... 3rd and 4th questions down.

http://www.listener.co.nz/issue/3455/features/6651/jaquie_brown.html;jsessionid=7E90138522A9C7E6BF168 0F73343FB58

Rogue Eagle
30th September 2010, 11:17 AM
from BDO band bio:
"Touring Down Under for the first time in four years, vocalist Maynard James Keenan, guitarist Adam Jones, drummer Danny Carey and bassist Justin Chancellor will be fresh from the studio, where they have been slowly crafting a follow-up to 2006’s 10,000 Days"

Could we expect a new song or three?

juke
30th September 2010, 11:31 AM
!!!!

Had NFI they were making a new album. Can only hope they continue on the progressive path.

Alacrity
30th September 2010, 11:34 AM
Andrew WK is also an awesome Twitterer http://twitter.com/ANDREWWK

ppn
30th September 2010, 11:41 AM
He's been playing (variations of) one song since he started, but he's a pretty funny motherfucker. His set will probably be a good time.

evilbob
2nd October 2010, 11:38 AM
hey few questions for people who have been inside the D barrier thing at the front of the two main stages..

how long before the last 2 acts do you have to get in before the line gets too long and you can't?

and is there some room at the back where people aren't going mad and smashing people with their moshing?

bok
2nd October 2010, 04:31 PM
hey few questions for people who have been inside the D barrier thing at the front of the two main stages..

how long before the last 2 acts do you have to get in before the line gets too long and you can't?

and is there some room at the back where people aren't going mad and smashing people with their moshing?

its hard to say, i played it safe for muse and went in like 5 acts before it - no idea how i didn't piss my self

tool is going to be huge this year so i'd get in early as fuck

i lucked out on rage against the machine and was stuck in the entrance to the D for like 45 minutes almost died in there holy shit it was insane, just gave up and tunneled out and waited behind the closest fence to the D for them.

So yeah its a gamble on how close you wanna call it but my advice is like 4 acts before the final 2 cause dis year... TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

and yeah theres usually a gap at the back to chill

evilbob
3rd October 2010, 10:17 AM
oh yup sweet. and is there a divider between the two main stages or can you roam to in front of either?

last time tool were there we had a pretty mint spot right against the D barrier thing but outside it. some chilled out people around us and stuff was good.. then 2 mins before tool started about 20 6ft tall skinhead bogans came out of NOWHERE and just moshed like gimps over everyone lol

Jedateach
3rd October 2010, 02:47 PM
Am deciding if I wish to go to the AKL show or Aus, simply because it's going to cost me about the same to get to either.

spandexmonkey
3rd October 2010, 04:01 PM
aus!

RogueNZ
3rd October 2010, 04:58 PM
soundwave?

I was the last person allowed in to the D for Mars Volta, but half the people in there wernt even watching them and just waiting for muse (I dont know why cause i find muse pretty shit). Probably waited for about half an hour i guess. But yeah i can imagine you will want to be in there a good few hours before Tool. If Dizzie Rascal can pack out the entire field, I imagine Tool will aswell :)

Sphyre
3rd October 2010, 05:03 PM
Am deciding if I wish to go to the AKL show or Aus, simply because it's going to cost me about the same to get to either.

aus tix are of the sell out in 3 minutes variety

bok
3rd October 2010, 06:55 PM
maynard better come out and do passenger with deftones
if he doesn't i'll still love him

Jedateach
3rd October 2010, 07:01 PM
aus tix are of the sell out in 3 minutes variety

Really? were they last year? All the years I've been I've never had a problem getting tickets.

Alacrity
3rd October 2010, 07:07 PM
I was the last person allowed in to the D for Mars Volta, but half the people in there wernt even watching them and just waiting for muse (I dont know why cause i find muse pretty shit).

Should've gone to the boilerroom.

Speaking of which, anyone know what's happening with the boilerrroom? didn't that big blue tent get sold off?

zeets
3rd October 2010, 07:58 PM
Oh real? Boiler room is yuck, so much of other peoples sweat drips on you.

Go to the Aus show bro, that'd be loose as

ppn
3rd October 2010, 08:48 PM
Really? were they last year? All the years I've been I've never had a problem getting tickets.Most aus BDOs (particularly syd & melb) have been selling out fast for at least the last 2/3 years.
Which aus BDOs have you attended Jeda?

fedor.
3rd October 2010, 10:29 PM
another horrid bdo lineup.. luckily there are other festivals now which destroy the bdo.

Jedateach
4th October 2010, 02:39 AM
Most aus BDOs (particularly syd & melb) have been selling out fast for at least the last 2/3 years.
Which aus BDOs have you attended Jeda?

Sorry was really blazed for some reason I thought that said auk tickets :D

I've been to the Akl one 5 times

Azmodan
4th October 2010, 04:09 AM
Secured Glastonbury tickets today :p

spandexmonkey
4th October 2010, 07:47 AM
noiceee

bok
4th October 2010, 09:57 AM
im looking to go to nz bdo and melb if we can get tickets
gunna be f5ing like a bitch on the 6th of october

do you think bigdayout.com will be the best place to purchase the tickets?
it might just over load and BOOOOOOOOOOM there goes our holiday

juke
4th October 2010, 12:19 PM
NFI eh but I think I'm gonna try the Melb. one over Auckland. Flights and accom should be similar and it's been a while since I was in Aus for a proper holiday.

Jedateach
4th October 2010, 12:27 PM
NFI eh but I think I'm gonna try the Melb. one over Auckland. Flights and accom should be similar and it's been a while since I was in Aus for a proper holiday.

That was my entire reasoning behind it.

Fx.
8th October 2010, 07:10 AM
Total tickets orded & venue: 2 x BIG DAY OUT - AUCKLAND FRIDAY JANUARY 21st 2011

;D

Synthacon9
8th October 2010, 08:29 AM
Yeah! got my ticket this morning!

Rogue Eagle
8th October 2010, 10:13 AM
should have my ticket.

Loco
8th October 2010, 04:04 PM
gonna be sick

juke
8th October 2010, 04:11 PM
You're sick.

spandexmonkey
8th October 2010, 08:58 PM
150 bucks for a ticket am i reading this right?

Azmodan
8th October 2010, 09:53 PM
Goes up every year, worth it if you're into the bdo imo.. try paying ú250 for glastonbury D:

incognito
8th October 2010, 10:13 PM
if there's 2-3 international bands you want to see it works out to be quite cheap, the stooges should be good as long as they focus on their older material

Rogue Eagle
8th October 2010, 10:46 PM
150's a sting but if the headlines an awesome one, with a few other cool bands playing throughout the day, well worth it.

Wouldn't pay 150 if Muse were headlining.

spandexmonkey
8th October 2010, 11:33 PM
150's a sting but if the headlines an awesome one, with a few other cool bands playing throughout the day, well worth it.

Wouldn't pay 150 if Muse were headlining.

i would think it was a good price if i liked tool :P

yea azmo i have lulz

juke
8th October 2010, 11:48 PM
Wouldn't pay if Muse were headlining.

Azmodan
9th October 2010, 12:48 AM
yea azmo i have lulz
True, what was it like? any advice?

spandexmonkey
9th October 2010, 09:21 AM
Hrmm, as far as advice goes, you'd have to ask specific questions really.. You've gone to rhythm and vines eh? I'm guessing its the same format. Park car, move shit, set up tent in good spot, start the madness haha.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/glastonbury2003/lineup_friday.shtml was the one i went to, pretty sweet.

Its in a massive field or two, so it will be hot during the day and cold at night, hopefully it doesn't rain on ya, otherwise it gets muddy as. My cousin went to one and she got fucked up by the mud lol

If you forget stuff there are plenty of stalls to purchase stuff-- blankets, water, donuts at 4am. :)
I'm unsure of their alcohol rules, whether you can bring your own stuff in via plastic bottles, or whether you have to buy it when you're there. If you bring bottles of water to drink over the weekend, make sure they aren't tonic water ><

you're gonna have a lot of fun!

juke
25th November 2010, 03:45 PM
Latest additions to the lineup. Looking forward to Phoenix Foundation and Mt Eden is there for the dubstep fiends. Got my tix already and FYI Loco will be there, his 18th birthday is the 20/01/11 ;-)

SIA

Pop sensation SIA has rounded out an outstanding 2010 which saw the release of her highly-anticipated fifth album, We Are Born. All across We Are Born, SIA showcases her rich and sometimes slightly distressed soprano. Boasting constant rotation of hit singles, Clap Your Hands, Bring Night and You’ve Changed, the album was honoured with three ARIA Awards this year – including Best Pop Release and Best Independent Album from an epic seven nominations! Such events truly confirm what was inevitable: Australians have fallen in love with the homegrown songstress, bringing colour and flair with her SIA heads for BIG DAY OUT 2011 (ALL SHOWS)

THE VINES

One of Australia’s most talented and infamous bands, THE VINES had a meteoric rise from a suburban Sydney garage to the cover of NME in UK and Rolling Stone in the USA. This is a band with enough genius songwriting to fill four albums. THE VINES feel their story is only half written. Wanting to make it up to their loyal fans for a cancelled Big Day Out slot in 2009 the band are all set for BIG DAY OUT 2011. Marking the return of THE VINES is a brand new single Gimmie Love on your radio soon with a new album to follow in the New Year. And what better way to welcome back THE VINES than to have them kick start the main arena. THE VINES will be proving their rock attitude credentials when they set the bar for the day as the first act of the day. We salute you. (ALL AUSTRALIAN SHOWS)

THE GREENHORNES

Hailing from Cincinnati, Ohio the trio of Craig Fox, Patrick Keeler and Jack Lawrence known as THE GREENHORNES have been churning out the highest quality rock n roll for well over a decade. Their sound is pure, straight up Nuggets inspired rock and roll. These guys have been weened on a diet almost solely consisting of the finest British R&B and rock innovators. This isn't a hobby or something they are doing between projects - it's their life. Good, old-fashioned rock 'n' roll, plain and simple. After a five year hiatus, THE GREENHORNES are back with their new album, aptly titled "" and are on the way to our fine shores to shake up BIG DAY OUT 2011. (ALL SHOWS)

WASHINGTON

She weighs half as much as her keyboard but she could punch out your Dad. Yes, she is a female singer songwriter…but she’s not shy and retreating or cute. Her voice will stop you in your tracks. It’s Megan WASHINGTON, along with that unmistakable voice that soars, then falters, then soars again and it is full of sorrow even when it is full of joy (soft, broken, soaring, sorrow, spitting, sneering, smiling etc etc). And she can dance real good. Roll up, roll up: ARIA Award winning WASHINGTON plays BIG DAY OUT 2011. (ALL AUSTRALIAN SHOWS)

MATT & KIM

MATT & KIM never let a silly thing like not knowing how to play their chosen instruments stop them from forming a band. Fast forward six years, the Brooklyn duo are on their way to BIG DAY OUT 2011. Rest assured though, the two piece have well and truly since mastered their tools in all their electro-indie-poppy goodness. The quirky couple recently released their third full length album, Sidewalks and the first single off the album, Cameras, is already making waves in the US. Come and witness MATT & KIM at BIG DAY OUT 2011, joining in optional but preferred. (ALL AUSTRALIAN SHOWS)

BLACK MILK

In only a few years, producer/emcee BLACK MILK has quickly developed into one of the few hip hop artists who both carries an accomplished resume and is followed with widely-held optimism about what he can bring as one of the leaders of the modern hip hop movement. Now 25 years old, Black earned his stripes both locally in his native Detroit and on a national level from his associations with Slum Village. He's also worked with major label artists like Pharoahe Monch, Kardinal Offishall, and Busta Rhymes and BLACK MILK proves on his new album, Tronic, that not only is he growing as an artist, but that hip hop music as a genre still has room to grow. (ALL SHOWS)

ANNA LUNOE

ANNA LUNOE – a name that has since become synonymous with partying around the globe with her extensive knowledge of the latest genres to turn clubs into the sweaty messes. Lunoe’s return to Australia could not have come at a better time with rumblings of Lunoe’s prowess behind the mixer leading to a whole host of gigs in every capital city and damn near every venue across this brown wide land. BIG DAY OUT 2011 welcomes the arrival of ANNA LUNOE. (ALL AUSTRALIAN SHOWS)

PLUS LOCAL ADDITIONS IN EACH CITY:

FRIDAY, 21 JANUARY - AUCKLAND MT SMART STADIUM
Tickets available from Real Groovy, all Ticketmaster Outlets, phone and credit card bookings 0800 111 999 or www.ticketmaster.co.nz (http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/event/24004534C2551AA0?artistid=1077148&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60) and from our website www.bigdayout.com (http://www.bigdayout.com/tickets/tickets-details-and-outlets.php)
Local additions: THE PHOENIX FOUNDATION, KNIVES AT NOON, LUGER BOA, THE UNFAITHFUL WAYS, THREE HOUSES DOWN, TOMMY ILL, GRAYSON GILMOUR, AURAL TRASH (DJS), HARRY THE BASTARD (DJ), SURF CITY , HOME BREW , FAMILY CACTUS, BANG BANG ECHE, DJ MELTRON, COMPUTERS WANT ME DEAD, STERIOGRAM, MT EDEN DUBSTEP, THE EARLYBIRDS, 1995, DJ GHOST, DJ CXL, KODY & BIC, DAVE M ULCAHY (LILYWORLD) AND SAM HILL, GENERAL LEE, JOSH ON DECKS, RED FALCON, ANDREW TIDBALL and DJ BASSIC

Pretty keen to see these guys, maybe some of you remember the many lols from the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3f4xU_FfQ

juke
25th November 2010, 03:49 PM
Hanging out for the schedule.

Must sees

Tool
Deftones
Phoenix Foundation
Die Antwoord
CSS
John Butler trio
Black Keys

Loco
25th November 2010, 04:02 PM
FYI Loco will be there, his 18th birthday is the 20/01/11 ;-)

bring presents guizes

juke
25th November 2010, 04:27 PM
If by presents you mean a camera for pics once we've got you so fucked up you can't walk... then yes. No worries ;)

spandexmonkey
25th November 2010, 05:16 PM
bloody beetroots will be sweet, hopefully the death crew isn't too pendulumish, you know what i mean

ohh and vitalic. sweet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGOaXphpT7w

Fort
25th November 2010, 05:30 PM
fuck big day out, no sleep till auckland is far superior

Korg├╝ll The Exterminator
25th November 2010, 05:34 PM
fuck big day out, no sleep till auckland is far superior
Word....

-wimpy-
25th November 2010, 05:58 PM
Looking for someone to take care of him in the moshpit during no sleep... torn tendon in kneecap = crutches to swing :D!

juke
25th November 2010, 09:55 PM
fuck big day out, no sleep till auckland is far superiorYOu gonna be at that too man? ;)

Best of both worlds eh :)

Fort
26th November 2010, 06:02 AM
How can you miss it eh, gonna be massive.

ppn
20th December 2010, 08:40 PM
Timetable is up (http://www.bigdayout.com/documents/files/BDO2011times_AUCKLAND.pdf)

1.10 - 1.55 Jim Jones Revue / 1.15 - 2.00 Ratatat
2.40 - 3.30 Deftones
3.30 - 4.20 Lupe Fiasco
4.20 - 5.10 Wolfmother
5.30 - 6.20 The Black Keys
6.20 - 7.10 Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
7.00 - 8.00 Iggy and the Stooges
8.30 - 9.30 LCD Soundsystem
9.45 - 10.30 The Phoenix Foundation
10.30 - 11.30 Grinderman

Very happy with the timetable. Stoked with the Phoenix Foundation/Tool clash; should be a nice chilled set.

juke
20th December 2010, 10:12 PM
FFFFFFFFF @ phoenix foundation/Tool set clash. Gonna have to see them again in welly before or after I guess.

spandexmonkey
21st December 2010, 02:32 PM
im sure they will be at homegrown or some shit

evilbob
21st December 2010, 07:01 PM
see ya there carl :p

Synthacon9
21st December 2010, 11:07 PM
sooooo keen, been wanting to see rammstein since i was like 9 ><

RogueNZ
22nd December 2010, 12:30 AM
Got my tix, keen for a meetup/maybe shout the bday boy a beer etc

incognito
24th December 2010, 10:23 PM
i won a single pass to the big day out through a competition at www.undertheradar.co.nz - it just took one mouse click haha

very pleased, but will likely sell the ticket or trade it for a laneways ticket as that festival interests me a lot more

juke
24th December 2010, 10:24 PM
Come to big gay out ncog.

random hero
28th December 2010, 10:31 PM
i won a single pass to the big day out through a competition at www.undertheradar.co.nz (http://www.undertheradar.co.nz) - it just took one mouse click haha

very pleased, but will likely sell the ticket or trade it for a laneways ticket as that festival interests me a lot more
sell it to me for $50
kthanks :)

RogueNZ
17th January 2011, 05:01 PM
gg black keys, fucking pansies

ppn
17th January 2011, 06:18 PM
fucking bullshit eh

zeets
17th January 2011, 07:56 PM
THE FUCK!

Loco
17th January 2011, 09:19 PM
0276576999, txt me if anyones keen for a beer

Azmodan
18th January 2011, 08:32 AM
What happened? go to Sia she is amazing

ppn
18th January 2011, 10:29 AM
Black Keys pulled out of the entire tour stating "exhaustion". There has to be more to it though.
Their sets were to be a whopping 50 minutes, leaving plenty of downtime, plus you simply don't cancel that close to a tour without a better reason than being tired...
I'm thinking drug rehab or something similar that they wish to keep private. Atrocious PR though. Whoever is in charge of it needs to be sacked.

Azmodan
18th January 2011, 08:05 PM
Gutted :( their gig a month or so over here was next level. What was Tool like?

shooting
18th January 2011, 08:50 PM
going to melb bdo
got my timetable sorted, should be mediocre-decent

die antwoord
black milk
ratatat
deftones
rammstein
tool
mia

Synthacon9
20th January 2011, 07:43 AM
im so stoked I dont have any timetable clashes, deftones, die antwoord, crystal castles, then into the pit for shihad, iggy, rammstein, tool.

Perfect.

Rogue Eagle
23rd January 2011, 06:58 PM
quick summary of experience:

airbourne: good stage presence.

deftones: change (in house of flies) is awesome live.

shihad: crowd favourites, but really only the first few songs on the general electric are good imo.

John Butler Trio: was hoping for more of an acoustic set, but... when they all teamed up on drums at the end it was very cool and rhythmic.

Iggy: Not quite my style of music but provided some laugh out loud moments and got people from the crowd past security up onto the stage to dance with him.

Rammstein: Awesome stage presence, good songs and great show, lots of dark humour and pyrotechnics.

Tool: not as good as they were at 2007 BDO (weaker setlist partially responsible), and after we'd been pissed on by the skies for hours we were all feeling a bit jaded also. However they did play third eye which was one of my highlights of the day :D

random hero
23rd January 2011, 07:22 PM
fgts
would love to see airbourne and shihad

RogueNZ
24th January 2011, 05:51 PM
my highlights were the bloody beetroots and rammstein. and silent disco, that shit was awesome

nightshiver
24th January 2011, 08:45 PM
quick summary of experience:

airbourne: good stage presence.

deftones: change (in house of flies) is awesome live.

shihad: crowd favourites, but really only the first few songs on the general electric are good imo.

John Butler Trio: was hoping for more of an acoustic set, but... when they all teamed up on drums at the end it was very cool and rhythmic.

Iggy: Not quite my style of music but provided some laugh out loud moments and got people from the crowd past security up onto the stage to dance with him.

Rammstein: Awesome stage presence, good songs and great show, lots of dark humour and pyrotechnics.

Tool: not as good as they were at 2007 BDO (weaker setlist partially responsible), and after we'd been pissed on by the skies for hours we were all feeling a bit jaded also. However they did play third eye which was one of my highlights of the day :D

airbourne are the worst fucking bad in the world. agree with everything else.

juke
26th January 2011, 07:43 PM
Never seen so many 14 year olds on acid before.

RogueNZ
26th January 2011, 09:22 PM
damn i didnt see any 14 year olds on acid

Alacrity
26th January 2011, 09:40 PM
Then you were the 14 year old

Sarge
26th January 2011, 10:13 PM
I wish i was one of the 14 year olds on acid...

Synthacon9
28th January 2011, 04:16 PM
Rammstein were the best of the day. By far. The sound was crystal fucking clear, was heavy as fuck, the pit was a lot of fun, other highlights for me were Deftones, despite the first songs not being mixed well, but change was of the chart. Shihad were good as well. A major disapointment for me was crystal castles, their set was to short, and they were sloppy as hell, also who ever mixed them suckd ass, all you could hear was the sid station, and faintly hear everything else :)

Mobius1
29th January 2011, 10:10 AM
going to be 40 degrees tomorrow for melbourne bdo. fml............

juke
11th October 2011, 09:13 PM
Anyone else seen this years line up. Complete pooz :(

incinerate
11th October 2011, 09:43 PM
KANYEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sarge
11th October 2011, 10:06 PM
Anyone else seen this years line up. Complete pooz :(

Kamo
11th October 2011, 10:16 PM
Yeah, really hanging out for big System of a Down announcement... NOOOPE Kanye West :( Are tickets going up another $10 on last years prices too?

clip
11th October 2011, 10:16 PM
kanye & soundgarden + the epicness of the day is worth the $130 to me, mainly just to see kanye haha. really hoping the next announcement is better though or probably won't go for the whole thing

centaur
11th October 2011, 10:20 PM
This is by far the worst line-up in BDO history (thus far, it will get worse in the following years).

blank
11th October 2011, 10:56 PM
$160 this year I thought? Battles and Soundgarden not worth it so far...

jmp
11th October 2011, 11:00 PM
yeezy odd future battles royksopp david dallas

depending on 2nd announcement mite b keen

clip
11th October 2011, 11:08 PM
^oh snap d dallas is playing? id pay $50 to see him in a crowd that big too

juke
12th October 2011, 07:31 AM
Fucking rich cunt ;)