PDA

View Full Version : 2fort location names

Wuffell
29th November 2007, 07:17 PM
hey guys, im wanting to know what names people call certain locations in 2fort

1) theres the top room which is outside a respawn, and leads to the ramps, spiral, grate, and sniper bay. what is this called? top room?

2) theres the ramps, which hopefully everyone agrees on. i wish i had screenshots ... but its the rampy like things near the top room

3) then, theres the shortish steepish ramp from the ramps to the basement, where the lift used to be in qwtf. what do people call this point?

4) theres the spiral which goes from the top room to the basement. still called spiral right?

5) the intel room / flag room should be pretty easy to guess

6) the basement ... the bit at the bottom which is not the intel room, and is basically everything horizontal down there, from the bottom of the spiral to the outside of the spawn, and to the bottom of that #3 place

are there some names we can all agree on for these places?

valk
29th November 2007, 07:20 PM
hey guys, im wanting to know what names people call certain locations in 2fort

1) theres the top room which is outside a respawn, and leads to the ramps, spiral, grate, and sniper bay. what is this called? top room?

top spawn

2) theres the ramps, which hopefully everyone agrees on. i wish i had screenshots ... but its the rampy like things near the top room

ramp room

3) then, theres the shortish steepish ramp from the ramps to the basement, where the lift used to be in qwtf. what do people call this point?

lift (lol)

4) theres the spiral which goes from the top room to the basement. still called spiral right?

spiral

5) the intel room / flag room should be pretty easy to guess

flag room

6) the basement ... the bit at the bottom which is not the intel room, and is basically everything horizontal down there, from the bottom of the spiral to the outside of the spawn, and to the bottom of that #3 place

bottom spiral

Wuffell
29th November 2007, 07:23 PM
1) top spawn makes it sound like youre referring to the spawn room itself :)

did you used to play qwtf or tfc?
how would you newer people feel about calling it a lift when youve never seen a lift in that place for a diff game?

Malks
29th November 2007, 07:23 PM
yea what valk said :D

Malks
29th November 2007, 07:24 PM
Atm wuffel, not many clans are playing 2fort in clan wars (in New Zealand anyway) they are in aussie and its working ok I think

valk
29th November 2007, 07:25 PM
1) top spawn makes it sound like youre referring to the spawn room itself :)

did you used to play qwtf or tfc?
how would you newer people feel about calling it a lift when youve never seen a lift in that place for a diff game?

yeh played tfc, would be weird calling the lift anything else

and top spawn would go down like "2 at top spawn" which tells you that theres 2 peeps there. you wouldnt ever think that theres people actually in ur spawn room (imo)

and then if ur calling incs from top spawn itd be "inc to ramp room" or "inc spiral"

Gambit
29th November 2007, 07:48 PM
ive always just used the old qwtf/tfc names for the places, anyone who doesnt understand wth im on about is too new to tf and needs to gtfo :D

GrAsShOpPeR
29th November 2007, 08:20 PM
somone should remake the 2fort how it use to be :)

Squiddy
29th November 2007, 09:31 PM
It'd suck even more.

valk
29th November 2007, 09:36 PM
somone should remake the 2fort how it use to be :)

http://www.ozfortress.com/maps/TF2/ctf_2fort_classic_v1

Malks
29th November 2007, 09:42 PM
thanks jerm

Wuffell
29th November 2007, 09:54 PM
thanks dude
man that brings back memories!

anyone know if the version of rock finished?