PDA

View Full Version : 8 weeks to the day

Dale
11th April 2008, 10:16 AM
My 7600GT has been gone. I sent it back to the vendor, Digital City online, and still I have no replacement/repair.

Computer stores as a whole seem to be extremely arrogant, and very slow to respond to anything that doesn't involve them receiving money. I have discovered some good ones, like Ascent, iFocus, Expert Infotech, and a few others that no doubt you have had a good run with.

The guy who owns and runs Digital City left his mate in charge of his store while he jiggered off on Holiday, and besides not speaking any English, he had not checked the PO Box for 3 weeks when I finally got the shits up him about having had no communication from them for that period of time.
I know for a fact that it does not take 5 weeks to check a PCIe card for a fault. You jam it in the test bed PC, you fire it up, you see the fault, you either repair with a bios flash etc, or replace. Done and dusted.

This idiots are always trying to out sell their competitors, with prices that may not actually reflect a sensible market rate, and they flick this shit off to the market, like a commodity, and leave themselves no margin for warranty and repair issues, and as a result, they just dont respond to emails, knowing that they will lose further money .

I promised to take this further today, and I will see if they respond by their 9pm deadline tonight.

Digital City appear extensively throughout the pricespy website, especially on the mainpage. I would caution those who are considering purchasing from them to perhaps pay a few dollars extra, and deal with a professional company.

Fx.
11th April 2008, 10:18 AM
um no.. the pc shop shouldnt really even be touchin the card, they'd send it straight to the manufacturer who do the fucking about

..wait.. you sent it back to the shop rather than direct? :(

fucking asian ass shops, therse a reason i dont use shops i dont know :p

anywaysss when that happened to me i just made lots of noise on various forums :>

fluxcore
11th April 2008, 10:20 AM
There's a very good reason that I try to buy everything through Ascent, even though they may be a little more expensive. So much less hassle when something goes wrong - and once you've bought enough you start getting VIP treatment and forward replacements :D

Good luck though!

--flux

s_t_r_o_b_e
11th April 2008, 10:25 AM
Cheers for the heads up. I spend too much time on an almost daily basis now dealing with crazy lil PC stores.

Don't have a solution, but I have a few recommendations of people to deal with in future.

You were bang on with iFocus- fantastic to deal with and actually quite quick to help out.

PC Pacific themselves aren't /fantastic/, but the store their gear is picked up from (XP Computers in Newmarket) are awesome. Sometimes slow on the emails, but are friendly and proficient in store. PC Pacific is also the cheapest store overall. I'm talking about building whole PCs and them being in the top 3 on Pricespy for pretty much every product.

Playtech is the best though. Cheap on a whole, but more expensive than PC P. The service and shit though, fantastic. Got an 8800GS which I couldn't get working properly (nVidia and XFX hadn't even released drivers yet!) and the service guys there were on the phone every hour or so with updates, etc. Nothing but awesomeness for those cats.

G/L getting it all sorted dude.

bovva
11th April 2008, 11:02 AM
yea that sucks - your campaign of negative publicity is approved and encouraged.

Victoire
12th April 2008, 09:16 AM
8 weeks? geezus, gotta admire your patience

Dale
12th April 2008, 10:41 AM
Victoire, where in Gods name have you been?. Good to see you sir.

I sent the email from hell to them again yesterday, and got a yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir reply, of the utmost helpfulness, and compliancy. Yes, they made me ship it back to the actual store, I have no idea why, as the one other item I had go pop last year, was shipped to the supplier, not the retailer.

I have been patient, simply because I bought a 7900GS in the interim, which is a better card. It looks like I am going to go the way of the Jedi, and get an 8800GT, and an LCD shortly.

I am posting this from my wifes old employers premises, whom I have just finished setting up 5 new Dells for, and networking them all, and the Dell 22' LCD's are fantastic, and now my wifes seen an LCD up close, she wants one for home... most excellent.