Go Back   NZFortress - New Zealand's Team Fortress Community > Off Topic > Turtleman's Pond

Old 6th March 2012, 06:55 PM   #1

BBall postponed a week

Hi everyone,

Due to the impossibility of getting a couple of forums made on time I have to postpone the start of the tournament. Once I finally get some forums to start putting up match threads we can get this underway. However as tomorrow and "later on" never come it may be that we don't get underway until next week.

I will update dates as I learn more.

Thanks for your understanding.

Indus & Combust
NZ Representative NZFL2 Championship Award  Steam Community ID  
Old 6th March 2012, 07:54 PM   #2

aww.. shucks
It better be good
NZFL2012 Award  Steam Community ID  
Old 6th March 2012, 07:55 PM   #3

riot

Old 6th March 2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Pope Taylor

RAIIN'D ON

Old 6th March 2012, 08:06 PM   #5

Sounds like ya mad bro this kinda hiccup wouldn't have stopped Malachi's
Old 7th March 2012, 03:37 AM   #6
BADMIN

You had two weeks to request extra changes to the forums originally made for the bball competition.

Instead you hit me on steam with a little more than 24 hours until the match threads should be posted and get antsy when I can't complete your request on time due to other commitments

There will be twelve match threads for the first round am I right?

You could have simply posted them in the completely empty bball forum and then moved them into the individual division forums when they got made.

Why would you hold up an entire competition and make this bitch thread when the above wouldn't affect anyone?
Old 7th March 2012, 07:05 AM   #7
The King

why would you waste nzf resources on making forums for a day competitions anyway

(Please don't say you're making a bball comp for several weeks)
Steam Community ID  
Old 7th March 2012, 07:27 AM   #8

gives us time to practice hueheuuehueheeu

aiming for the not shittest team in div2

Old 7th March 2012, 04:28 PM   #9
wtb cupcakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir.pegg View Post
why would you waste nzf resources on making forums for a day competitions anyway

(Please don't say you're making a bball comp for several weeks)
But its the nzf way to make comps run over time.

Scout Award 2011 NZFL Team Award   
Old 7th March 2012, 04:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaver View Post
You had two weeks to request extra changes to the forums originally made for the bball competition.

Instead you hit me on steam with a little more than 24 hours until the match threads should be posted and get antsy when I can't complete your request on time due to other commitments

There will be twelve match threads for the first round am I right?

You could have simply posted them in the completely empty bball forum and then moved them into the individual division forums when they got made.

Why would you hold up an entire competition and make this bitch thread when the above wouldn't affect anyone?
And you've been part of the discussions for the past month and a half? You knew full well the dates as you were part of the discussion that picked them. I'm sorry that I assumed that as you'd volunteered to organise all the server side of the competition that would include making forums ready for the dates that were agreed a month ago.

My message to you on steam was a reminder not a notification so yes I believed you could take 10 minutes out of your extremely busy day to make a couple of forums. My mistake.

As for my holding it up for a week I guess that means I've still got about 3 weeks left before I match up to your horrible running of NZFL.
NZ Representative NZFL2 Championship Award  Steam Community ID  
Old 7th March 2012, 04:50 PM   #11

blackkid.gif
NZFL2012 Award  Steam Community ID  
Old 7th March 2012, 04:54 PM   #12
Isotonic Sports ƒormula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indus View Post
And you've been part of the discussions for the past month and a half? You knew full well the dates as you were part of the discussion that picked them. I'm sorry that I assumed that as you'd volunteered to organise all the server side of the competition that would include making forums ready for the dates that were agreed a month ago.

My message to you on steam was a reminder not a notification so yes I believed you could take 10 minutes out of your extremely busy day to make a couple of forums. My mistake.

As for my holding it up for a week I guess that means I've still got about 3 weeks left before I match up to your horrible running of NZFL.
having to make match threads in the bball forum, as opposed to individual bball subforums underneath the forum you already had < having to go out of your way in real life to make some more forums for an internet game when there's already forums that could be used my2c

TOTY   
Old 7th March 2012, 04:56 PM   #13
Stop spamming support Juke!

Old 7th March 2012, 04:57 PM   #14

Old 7th March 2012, 05:03 PM   #15
Stop spamming support Juke!

Mine's hotter.
Old 7th March 2012, 05:09 PM   #16
Isotonic Sports ƒormula

TOTY   
Old 7th March 2012, 05:11 PM   #17
BADMIN

Difference is I wasn't creating bitch threads about admins when I didn't receive what I needed to run a competition - where as you have done just that even though you have a fully functioning forum.

Grow up

/pond