Go Back   NZFortress - New Zealand's Team Fortress Community > Gaming Discussion > General Gaming

Old 9th March 2010, 04:35 AM   #1

Monster Hunter Tri

Anyone here play/played Monster Hunter and is getting Tri, can't wait to play it, been playing the demo all week in anticipation, going to be a great game.

If you've never played Monster Hunter before/have heard of it, its pretty much just a game about killing big monsters, skinning them, and wearing their skin as clothes. Probably one of the most popular franchises in Japan, it single handedly drives sales for the PSP over there, and is the highest selling Third-Party Wii game Japan, and it actually has a monthly sub to play the Wii version Online.

Game is unforgiving as fuck, also heavily multiplayer [you can just as easily play the game solo from the easiest to the hardest monsters, no worries], almost mmo-like [you can play online with groups of 4 max, no 'classes perse, just weapon types'], but its more about the skill involved, armour is only a small part of the equation, and pretty much just equates to taking 3-4 more hits than usual in most cases.

Previous games were on the PS2/PSP and the new one, Monster Hunter Tri is on the Wii. It's also the first game on the wii not to use friend codes and all that bullshit, it uses proper usernames and the main online 'town' is all persistent where you can see other users in a lobby/join up to shove a massive sword up some massive monsters ass. There is also a version on 360 but i don't think that'll ever come West.

is a walkthrough of the demo out now. I don't think it is in New Zealand though, i can pm you the iso if your Wii is hacked however, its only 200 megs.

Last edited by Kaymoir; 9th March 2010 at 07:23 AM.
Steam Community ID   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 03:57 PM   #2
The T man

Taking animal cruelty to a new level (in a good way?). I'v been trying to get the iso for my wii but I'm not sure if its out yet. They have realesed the NTSC version, but I'm not sure how to get that to play on my PAL wii. (would neogamma do it?)

Old 22nd March 2010, 05:05 AM   #3

The Demo is out, not the game though. You can get the iso at:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cmt0cddnydf

For loading, it should just work depending on what you like to load with, neogamma, usb loader gx, configurable usb loader etc.

Steam Community ID   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 02:12 PM   #4

considering getting for wii

looks fun