Go Back   NZFortress - New Zealand's Team Fortress Community > Gaming Discussion > General Gaming > Battlefield Series

Old 5th April 2012, 06:29 AM   #41

all the guns i use sux balls now , m16a3 m4a1 and m249

Steam Community ID   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 07:31 AM   #42

I can get kills with all the guns... so can you.

Old 5th April 2012, 09:55 AM   #43
Stop spamming support Juke!

I can get kills with a gun, but you won't like it.
Old 5th April 2012, 11:34 AM   #44

Of course we get kills with them, its just frustrating that after all this time, understanding recoils etc that it changes instantly and the gun is completely different.

I like the new sounds as your chopper or jet gets hit, actually sounds like the metal is being shredded, not just a 'thud'.
Old 5th April 2012, 12:58 PM   #45
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hots View Post
all the guns i use sux balls now , m16a3 m4a1 and m249
aren't they all early/first tier unlocks ?
Old 5th April 2012, 02:24 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSam View Post
I can get kills with all the guns... so can you.
When u get over 10,000 kills like me and some of the other guys posting in this thread ill accept your smartarse comments.

I'm not saying i cant get kills, I'm saying the whole way i had got used to getting them has changed, coss they have changed the dynamic of the game, it seems now that suppression is more important than getting kills (as proven by the video).

I'm not the only one with these views either, read the forums

Old 5th April 2012, 03:21 PM   #47
FOD

i agree that suppression is now more important but i think that's more how they intended it to be in the beginning
Old 5th April 2012, 03:26 PM   #48

Quote:
When u get over 10,000 kills like me and some of the other guys posting in this thread ill accept your smartarse comments.

I'm not saying i cant get kills, I'm saying the whole way i had got used to getting them has changed, coss they have changed the dynamic of the game, it seems now that suppression is more important than getting kills (as proven by the video).

I'm not the only one with these views either, read the forums

So you are saying my opinion only matters when I reach X amount of kills in a game?

Nice, Now I see what type of player you are.

Old 5th April 2012, 03:53 PM   #49

Stop arguing for the sake of arguing and taking the comments (or the intention behind them more importantly) out of context and leave it. People are allowed to say that they don't like the changes. You're allowed to disagree. Not use being so fucking "QQ moar" childish

STROBE IS THE FUTURE.

THE FUTURE SPEAKS IN WELSH
TOTY Psyduck Award  Steam Community ID   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 04:48 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSam View Post
So you are saying my opinion only matters when I reach X amount of kills in a game?

Nice, Now I see what type of player you are.
I'm saying i don't care about your opinion

Old 5th April 2012, 04:49 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibs View Post
i agree that suppression is now more important but i think that's more how they intended it to be in the beginning
yeah, just to me they should have sorted that at the start if that's the style of play they wanted

Old 5th April 2012, 06:00 PM   #52

I almost felt the same way about TF2 when they brought new items in for the medic update but then I saw they didn't change the existing weaps and were still making sure the game was balanced.

Having never played BF3 my opinion is only based on the game play vids I've seen, but it seems a bit ridiculous to make supression such a skilless way to score when accuracy and positioning are the primary skills of an FPS gamer.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:52 PM   #53
FOD

Quote:
yeah, just to me they should have sorted that at the start if that's the style of play they wanted
true i recall it was strong in beta then toned down but not as high as it is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by juke View Post
seems a bit ridiculous to make supression such a skilless way to score when accuracy and positioning are the primary skills of an FPS gamer.
bf is always imo more about teamwork, positioning to funnel your enemy i agree with them increasing the suppression score as its a teamwork thing you only get points if the player dies under effect but increasing the effect it has as much not so much

also it seems lag is a much bigger factor now playing sqdm(play this cos its short round time) today noticed alot of deaths when out of line of sight with the shooter main thing i dislike though is going blind from blur its a bit much now when getting shot at suppression effect seems to be the decider now instead of who shot first unless its a quick kill

and still on my personal mission of 100 kills with every weapon may have to change to 200 now to test them all again but there are definitely alot of dud weapons IMO lol

Last edited by Gibs; 5th April 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 6th April 2012, 03:02 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibs View Post
now when getting shot at suppression effect seems to be the decider now instead of who shot first unless its a quick kill
This exact thing happened to me. I had the jump on shooting at the guy but for some reason, his suppression absolutely fucked me over and none of my shots hit after that and I died. You would think my suppression would have had more affect as I was first but mmm. 'Badluck' as still happens also in the game.
Old 6th April 2012, 03:22 PM   #55
BADMIN

wow look what happens when you don't read check a thread for a few days

Everyone has their own view on things, no need to get snarky people

Major fundamental gameplay changes would sure be annoying though
Old 6th April 2012, 03:27 PM   #56

Greaver - fundamentally changing your game since ages ago.
Old 6th April 2012, 04:24 PM   #57
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
This exact thing happened to me. I had the jump on shooting at the guy but for some reason, his suppression absolutely fucked me over and none of my shots hit after that and I died. You would think my suppression would have had more affect as I was first but mmm. 'Badluck' as still happens also in the game.
yeah at least it seems to work both ways but it just seems laggyier maybe the calculations are slowing it down alot more and he could of had suppression effect squad bonus and you didnt have the remove bonus maybe
also the way i understand the patch notes all weapons get the equations worked out differently now so one gun may give more supp. but in turn doesnt suffer as much under its effect "all IMO"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaver View Post
wow look what happens when you don't read check a thread for a few days

Everyone has their own view on things, no need to get snarky people

Major fundamental gameplay changes would sure be annoying though

Quote:
Originally Posted by juke View Post
Greaver - fundamentally trolling your game since ages ago.